The mission of the Master Program in Software Engineering (MScSE) is to provide a quality education in software engineering, to prepare students, in Palestine, to become professional software engineers, entrepreneurs and leaders that are able to develop competitive solutions that are innovative yet reliable so that they may contribute to developing the software industry in the country and/or pursue a more advanced research degree by providing them with advanced concepts, knowledge, skills including global virtual teamwork skills, best practices, and the ability to continue to advance professionally in the global software engineering discipline.
- To train students with current and advanced relevant software engineering skills and practices, that enable them to compete effectively at a global level.
- To instil among students the professional ability to analyze, assess and understand software engineering codes of conduct, legal and ethical values.
- To improve students’ ability to work and function productively and effectively in teams including interdisciplinary teams, and demonstrate effective leadership skills.
- To prepare students for doctoral programs in software engineering by developing the ability to carry out and evaluate theoretical and applied research in software engineering.
- To develop technical leadership capabilities and project management skills to enable students pursue entrepreneurship and productive careers in software engineering.
- To enrich students with applied technical communication skills to demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate ideas and outcomes, both orally and in writing, in a logical manner.
- To develop self and independent study in students to demonstrate the ability and inclination to maintain professional currency in the rapidly changing field of software engineering.
- To apply appropriate software engineering fundamentals and practices in software development that demonstrate technically applied capabilities and current knowledge and practices.
- To train students with research skills and abilities to create new opportunities for postgraduate research in Software Engineering, addressing both local and international challenges.
- To collaborate with industry to develop ICT products, systems and services that address key needs.